How to bind an object to a node?

Forum Forums Visual Components 4.1 .NET Addon Programming How to bind an object to a node?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by febjc0 febjc0 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    febjc0
    febjc0
    Participant

Hi,

I created a custom component with the .net addon and I’d like to bind some additional objects to each node of it. Is there any way to do that?

Keke
    Keke

Hi,

To attach components to a parent node you can use ISimNode.AttachTo() method. So this snippet would attach comp2 to comp1:

-k

febjc0
    febjc0
    Participant

Hi Keke,

Thanks for replying. But what I want is to add some data to a node.

for example:

Keke
    Keke

Well there are many ways you could store data in a node. You could use for example a property or a note behaviour. Note behaviour might be more suitable for large strings. Here’s a small snippet to create a string property and a note behaviour:

To access existing properies and note behaviours use ISimComponent.GetProperty() and ISimComponent.FindBehaviour() methods. IBehavior needs to be cast to INote type for accessing its contents on (INote.Note).

-k

ccamilo
    ccamilo
    Participant

Another way, if there is no need for data persistancy, is by using IApplication.SetSessionValue() method. In there you can store any object like, for example, a Dictionary which you can use to link some data to an ISimNode

febjc0
    febjc0
    Participant

Thanks Keke & ccamilo, your answers are really helpful.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.