Grasp Action Wizard (Professional)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar jouha 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jouha

With the following wizard it is possible to add grasping and releasing functionality (like in robots) to any component. Useful when grasping of components is needed with very simple actuators or devices e.g. ones made by utilizing IO Wizard without connecting to a robot.

Same properties as in a robot (+ TCP/Detection Frame location) are added to the component on a GraspAction tab.

Requires access to Modelling tab (Professional or Premium)

Grasp Action Wizard

Usage

Connect and send True signal to GraspSignal for grasping and False for releasing. Check TCPFrameLocation and DetectionVolumeSize if components are not picked up. Grasped components are attached (and following) the Node/Link given when applying the wizard.

Installation

Like usual: Just unzip the file to your “My Commands” and re-launch. E.g C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Visual Components\4.1\My Commands

Enjoy!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    XiaoboMiao
    Participant

这个附加组件非常有用,感谢分享

Frank
    Participant

Hallo jouha

I  have some probelm to  grasp by using grasp action wizard.

can you have some explain the  TCPFrameLocation  how to choose it?

I  uploaded file to the forum  , could you help me to find mistake?

thanks a lot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jouha

Hi Frank,

It is used for detecting components while grasping and is working exactly the same as robot Grasp/Release Action Signals. When GraspSignal is sent, an arbitrary and invisible “DetectionVolume” is created around the TCPframe and is used for detecting collisions with other components. Collision test results are used to identify component(s) (if any) for grasping.

In this case the orientation of the frame is usually not so interesting, only the location.

Hopefully this clarifies the operation!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.