Get component Behaviours – [SOLVED]

Forum Forums Visual Components 4.0 .NET Addon Programming Get component Behaviours – [SOLVED]

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Andreluizfc 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andreluizfc
    Participant

Hi,

I trying to get components inside a layout with valid connections in I/O ports.
    I can get components by using the following script

And get the behaviors that are connections with

Each behavior has a field called “IsConnected”. In the debug mode inside Visual Studio I can get the status of this field using the call:

and it returns me a Boolean.

But if I try to use that call in the code, the compiler does not recognize “Revolution” class. What should I import to get the “IsConnected” field? Is there any way to get this field?

EDIT:

I could not link the Revolution.dll to the project references. It says to check if the file is accessible, or if it’s a valid assembly or a COM component.

Thanks for the assistance.

TSy
    TSy
    Participant

Just cast you IBehavior to ISimInterface instead, it has that IsConnected property.
    The wrapper classes are internal, you should only use the interfaces defined in Create3D.Shared.

Andreluizfc
    Participant

Dear, TSy,

I tried

but got the following exception:

Unhandled exception occurred:System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type ‘VisualComponents.Revolution.OneWayPathWrapper’ to type ‘VisualComponents.Create3D.ISimInterface’.

Whays may be wrong?

TSy
    TSy
    Participant

Not every behavior is an “interface” behavior so you can’t cast all of them to ISimInterface.

This is pretty basic C# stuff you can easily learn from online tutorials. VC .NET API reference you can find from the help tab of the software.

Andreluizfc
    Participant

Many thanks, TSy, that solved the problem. I appreciate your prompt reply and clarifications!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.