Connect Siemens PLC with VC Premium via Kepware

All the necessary

components and layout

PLC program

Instruction file

attached hereby

172_ConnectingSiemensPLCwithVC_viaKepServer.zip (8.22 MB)

Here are the attachments

Cool stuff, good job!

Here is updated files.

172_ConnectingSiemensPLCwithVC_viaKepServer.zip (8.22 MB)

Are there any plans to implement a direct interface to connect Visual Components to Siemens TIA without the Kepware App?

Are there any plans to implement a direct interface to connect Visual Components to Siemens TIA without the Kepware App?

Just a heads up, if you are using at least TIA Portal V14 or a S7-1510 CPU you are able to connect those to VC via OPC UA.

Greetings Felix

Hi Felix,

does TIA Portal V14 has an integrated OPC Server?

br/Ralle

Hey Ralle,

Yes, SoftPLC’s created by TIA Portal V14 can run OPC UA Servers. The same behaviour applies to S7-1510 CPU and above.

Greetz Felix

Hello Felx,

thanks for information. So it is similar to the integrated OPC UA Server in TwinCAT.

br/Ralle

Dear Sirs ,

I can’t establish this connection between simpro software and TIA Portal simulation
any help please ?

Hello,

I have followed the steps with the demo version of KEPserverEx, and at first everything went right. However, every time I retry it, the connection variables is established from Simulation to Sever, however not from Server to Simulation.

What’s the problem ?

This software is for programming old Siemens drives including simovert series, masterdrive, micromaster and … This software is installed on windows xp, 7 32 and 64 bit.fixborad