Collision Detector – Detect, when node is inside a node

Forum Forums Visual Components 4.1 Python Programming in VC Collision Detector – Detect, when node is inside a node

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by JuergenB JuergenB 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JuergenB
    JuergenB
    Participant

Hello,

I am currently working with the vcCollisionDetector, setting NodeListA and NodeListB and checking if a collision happened with testOneCollision.

I found out that a collision is only detected, when the bounding boxes are colliding. A collision is NOT detected, when a node from NodeListA is inside a node from NodeListB.

After that I thought of using vcVolumeDetector. However, using this detector requires to set (and always update) the corners and the transformation matrix in case this node is moving.

Is there a way to detect a collision even when the node is inside another node with the convenience of using NodeListA and NodeListB.

The reason why I like the nodelists is because I can change them without carrying about setting and updating corners/transformations and I am able to have multiple nodes in either list.

Thank you for your help!

PS.: a simple example is attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    JuergenB
    JuergenB
    Participant

Is the question unclear? 😉

CaptainFeature
    Participant

Hy Jürgen,

question is clear! 😉

Unfortunately, collisions are only detected when the volumes overlap.
    That’s why I modified your script a bit!
    I hope my solution is usable for you?

Best Regards

CaptainFeature

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    JuergenB
    JuergenB
    Participant

That’s perfect. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Jürgen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.