Cartesian positions in 3D-PDF

Hello,

I would like to visualize the cartesian positions of the robot-TCP in the a the 3D-PDF.

I am wondering, if there is a simple way to do that. Thanks for your help.

Yes, the positions can be visualized if 1) a position has geometry and 2) the geometry is exported to PDF.

I don’t remember if frame features are exported to PDF and if there is component in eCatalog that can be used to quickly do what you want.

Otherwise, here are some approaches and food for thought.

One approach is to create a Python Script and manually add geometry:

1. Get position frame of motion statement
  2. Create Sphere feature at each position
I would store the Sphere features in root node of robot. I would also create a Transform feature to be the parent of each Sphere, which would allow me to easily scale and resize the Spheres at each position.

Another approach is to use the Connecting Lines option available in the Program tab. I don’t know if the geometry will be exported to PDF though, so this might not work at all.

Another approach is to bind an event handler to robot executor that automatically adds geometry to the location of position. Multiple handlers could be used to add, remove and update the geometry as positions are edited.

Another approach is to create Python Script and create your own 3D icon for visualizing position frames. Really advanced and I would use schema in that case, so it is not a simple approach.

Finally, another option to pursue is using swept volume where you know what geometry you want to use for visualizing positions. You could add that geometry to robot and move it to same position as TCP. When robot reaches position, turn on and off swept volume to record the geometry at the position. This is a bit more dynamic since it could be used to visualize tool safety zone, tracing and motion path that uses custom geometry not traced lines, and a quick indication of how the robot accelerates/decelerates to point and whether or not you want to review pass through and continuous motions.

Helle Zesty,

Thank you for the detailed reply!

Yes, the positions can be visualized if 1) a position has geometry and 2) the geometry is exported to PDF.
Do you mean using the measurment-tool in PDF-reader? or is there a special Tool / property in VC, whit it one can visualize the coordinates automaticly?

Measure tool in PDF allows you to measure selected points. Making the robot positions visible in the PDF is something others will have to help you with since I don’t have access to VC software atm.