Blender 2.80 Addon

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 27 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Dubs3pp 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    horo
    horo
    Participant

Hi, I have been using Blenderer addon for some time without problems, but since yesterday, everytime I try to render a model that I imported from .step geometry, it takes unusually long time and then it freezes. In the past, I had no problem with rendering whole layouts with imported models and now i cannot render even one simple machine. The problem occurs when VC is exporting layout to .obj files that happens before opening Blender. When I tried exporting whole layout to .obj manually it took around 2 to 3 minutes, while using addon I waited 30 minutes and nothing happened. I am running VC version 4.1.2 and Blenderer addon 2.0.1 on Blender 2.80. I tried reinstalling VC, addon and Blender, but without succes. Anyone experiencing same issue?

Ilja
    Participant

Hi eme,

first of all: good job – really appreciate your work!

I recognized geometry is organized by material when exported to blender – do you have any workaround for obj. export where the feature tree remains like in VC ?

Regards,

Ilja

eme
    eme

@horo

Is it also slow if you take a single robot arm from the ecat and try to render that?

Could you share the model you are struggling with?

The inbuilt obj export is a lot faster than the one used in blenderer.

eme
    eme

@ilja

Not really. The geometry is organized like that for the sake of performance. It would require a quite a bit of editing to keep the VC feature structure.

If you need to keep certain things separate, separate them into nodes in VC and they’ll be separate items in Blender.

1+
    horo
    horo
    Participant

Hi eme,

thank you for your reply. I tried rendering single robot and a whole layout from eCat and it was very fast.

Here is one of the models I tried to render.

Edit: my model failed upload test for unknown reason, so I uploaded it here: http://leteckaposta.cz/642572528

mschamp
    Participant

Is it possible to render the scene on a remote computer/server with a better GPU and Blender installed? If possible for pictures and the frames of a movie.

How I would like to use it:

Make scene on my laptop -> Convert it to blender scene -> Send to a remote computer, which make the render.

In this way I can continue working on the scene while the scene is rendering. And the rendering will be faster because of the better hardware and cooling in the remote computer.

I think it is possible to program, but my knowledge of python is to limited to implement it myself.

horo
    horo
    Participant

@mschamp

Hi! It is possible. When you are rendering, tick the option “Open in blender” in Advanced category in Blenderer addon. Then when blender opens, set all rendering settings as you like, then in blender click File > External data > Automaticlly pack into .blend and then File > Save as. You now have .blend file with all your settings and model from VC which can be opened in another pc and rendered.

ashdank94
    Participant

Hi all, how do you render videos? The default tab on the blender add on lets me select a component and lets me get an output picture of that component. How do I render the entire animation? I tried doing this on the animation tab but I don’t think its working for me.

CaptainFeature
    Participant

Hy eme,

do the mighty Blender AddIn already work with Blender v2.81?

Regards
    Feature

eme
    eme

@ashdank94

Please check the documentation provided. It explains the animation rendering step by step.

Basically you need to set your start and end time. Chech the record option on. Run simulation until that check box is automatically cleared. And then click on the Render Animation. That’s it. Animation rendering uses the same file path as defined on the Default tab except the filetype will be video file type.

eme
    eme

@CaptainFeature

There’s now  a new version 2.0.2 available that supports Blender 2.81.

You’ll find the download link in the original post in this very same thread.

br eme

1+
    CaptainFeature
    Participant

Hy,

sometimes I have the some issues with the Blender Addon when the geomtry in the layout is heavy.

• I try to export a renderd pic from the heavy layout -> Everything looks fine (needs some time to open the cmd, but time is not the problem) but the picture won’t be exported. No Errormessage or something…
    • If I can’t render a pic I think I can’t render a video…

I would be incredibly assome to have a possibilty to handle also heavy layouts?

——————————————————————————————–

EDIT: After I was able to stop the Blender-cmd window at the right time 😉 I found out that I have not enough space… -> In our company the whole documents folder is synced on a NAS with less space 🙁

So i fixed the problem by modifing the tempuri in Blenderer.py to another path! 🙂

• Maybe in future version it will be possible to edit the tempuri in the UI?
    • Also it would be great to get the errormessage if an error happens, so it would be easier to find the problem.

Thx & Regards

Feature

Dubs3pp
    Participant

Hey there!
    Since the 2.0.2 version VC gives me a Error message in the output, which I attached below. Any ideas to why this is happening?

Best regards
    Dubsepp

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it’s happening after I click “Render”. The addon itself loads fine

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.