Blender 2.80 Addon

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by horo horo 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    eme
    eme

This addon allows rendering high quality images and animations. The addon converts the simulation scene into a blender scene and then renders the scene into image(s). Blender is an open-source 3D modeling, animation, rendering and video editiging software. The Addon utilizes the new real time render engine Eevee available in the Blender 2.8. Rendering can be done as a backround task, which will output the result automatically into a image file(s) straight from Visual Components or the scene can be opened in the Blender for further tweaking. Animations can be rendered to a sequence of images.

Getting started:

https://youtu.be/sjIYvQjPHWM

Major improvements compared to previous Blenderer addon:

• Faster scene export from VC to Blender (still room for improvement)
    • Faster rendering (Eevee engine is a lot faster than Cycles although not quite as realistic)
    • Easy lighting (use ready made lighting presets)
    • Re-using previous scene (Render same scene again without waiting heavy export/import process)
    • Animation recording support for dynamic components (components created and deleted during recording shown in the render)

Installing:

• Download and install Blender 2.8
    • Download and extract Blenderer2 zip file to the My Commands folder and restart VC.
    • The plugin assumes that the Blender software is installed to a specific path. The path must be:
      • “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\blender.exe”
      • If you want to use another Blender installation path, edit the blender_exe_uri variable in the Blenderer.py script on line #13. The file can be found in the Blender plugin after extracting the zip into the My Commands folder.

EDIT 2019-09-19:

• New 2.0.1 version.
    • Bug fixes and optimization
    • Dynamic component creation and delete issue fixed
    • Improved shadow settings
    • Robot “Smart Materials”
    • Material related properties on separate tab in GUI
    • Animation recording generates a video (avi) file automatically after everyframe is rendered.
    • Bloom intensity property
    • Tooltips

EDIT2 2019-09-19 (15:26CET):

• New download link. Previous link was wrong.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    eme
    eme

Here’s an example rendering. It took 1 hour and 27 minutes to render the video on my Lenovo laptop.

https://youtu.be/DbIZzut1koI

I had Bloom enabled, two light studio preset with an extra spot light. Depth of field node was set the the bin and F Stop 1.6.

Changes made to the default Bin picking layout prior rendering:

• I removed the texture from the material used for the bin and added metallic with little roughness
    • Changed the safety panels to glassy and made the material a little less dark
    • Copied couple safety panels more to make the fence wider
    • Set “castmetal” style for orange material. (material edits done with csv)

Simulate1st
    Participant

eme, thanks for this update to Blender 2.80.

when recording animation with it I see that the works components appear allright, just then they get smaller  in every next frame, until they dissapear.

eme
    eme

Hi,

Could you kindly send a test layout. I found a bug that may cause this. Would love to test it with your layout.

Simulate1st
    Participant

sure, just a simple model with a crate and a barrel, attached

Attachments:
    Jimmy
    Participant

Hello,

I can’t choose the output file. Is it any wrong?

Attachments:
    vcnoob
    Participant

Hi Jimmy, I guess you need to select a file with a  .png extension when the file browser opens, you can select an empty folder as a directory

MarcPot
    Participant

Wow awesome update, you actually fixed every single problem I had with the last version!

Great work!

CaptainFeature
    Participant

Hy eme,

great work!

I get following error when I test it with different layouts:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “file:///\\Drive\HOME$\UserName\Documents\Visual Components\4.1\My Commands\Blenderer2_2019_08_19\Blenderer.py::”, line 501, in CallStill
    File “file:///\\Drive\HOME$\UserName\Documents\Visual Components\4.1\My Commands\Blenderer2_2019_08_19\Blenderer.py::”, line 351, in exportGeo
    File “\\Drive\HOME$\UserName\Documents\Visual Components\4.1\My Commands\Blenderer2_2019_08_19\export_from_vc.py”, line 110, in export_obj
    out.write(face_string)
    IOError: [Errno 0] Error

eme
    eme

@joedavid:

That sound pretty okay. 3 secs per frame. You graphic card is quite a monster though. I’m not sure if you can tweak something on the blender side to get better performance from that card. But that’s a topic I can’t help you with. I tested with a single UR robot moving in the scene, I get a little less than 2s per frame withn fullHD resolution and 16 samples.

eme
    eme

@captain_feature:

This looks nasty. It could be that the python is struggling to access the file for writing. Looks like your Documents folder is on a server drive. Could you try to move the addon to a local folder with write permission. You can install the addon from any folder by dragging and dropping the __init__ file from the command folder to the VC 3d scene. Just make sure that the addon is not already added (i.e. remove it from the My Commands folder for this test)

joedavid
    Participant

Is it normal for the rendering to take very long. I have an animation that lasts about 2 minutes and 40secs, at 1080p resolution recorded at ~60fps. That amounts to ~9934 frames. Each frame takes about 3 seconds to render and that makes it about 8 hours and 30 minutes for the entire animation. Is that normal?

I have a pretty decent pc.

• COU: i7-8700k
    • GPU: overclocked RTX 2080 Ti graphics card
    • RAM: 32gb 2133Mhz
    • SSD: M.2 970 Pro SSD

Blender Settings:

Blender Settings

CPU and GPU Usage (while rendering):

GPU Usage

CPU Usage:

CPU Usage

eme
    eme

@joedavid:

That redering performance sounds pretty okay. 3 secs per frame. Your graphic card is quite a monster though. I’m not sure if you can tweak something on the blender side to get a better performance from that card. But that’s a topic I can’t help you with (coz I don’t know). I tested with a single UR robot moving in the scene and I get a little less than 2s per frame with the fullHD resolution and 16 samples.

eme
    eme

Just uploaded a new version of the addon (2019-09-19 :: 2.0.1). Please use the link provided in the original post.

I listed the major things this one improves in the bottom of the original post.

Fixes include the issue @Simulate1st reported earlier.

Jimmy
    Participant

Hi vcnoob, I will try it. Thx.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.