Multiple parallel part component creator

Hello

I am trying to feed onto a conveyor several components next to eachother that I want to pick up severatly with the robot.

I have not been able to figure out how I can do that on a single component creator. I have tried putting two next to eachother but then I couldn’t cnnect the second one to the conveyor.

I have also tried it with the Works Process v3 option but for some reason it does not let smaller products apear as if there is no pallet in between.

Can you help?

For component creation, one option is to manually move the parts where you want them (see attached component).

So you could buffer the parts in a container, readjust their position, and then feed them to a path that retains the offset of each part.

For space utilization of a path, that is tricky in simulation without physics. For example, if you are working with small parts they each take up their own block/segment of the path, so you will sometimes get a weird looking gaggle of accumulate parts.

There is magic to workaround this issue, but always focus first on what is most important to visualize in simulation. If you need products side-by-side on the path a buffer conveyor or pusher could do the trick.

With the Works library, you can teach different locations for parts using product ids or define a pattern, merge them to move together, and then split them up using task or detach them using script.

Hope this helps.

Feeder-Example.vcmx (25.1 KB)

Thank you for the earlier reply, but to follow this up what about if the components are different to one another?

I am basically looking to feed a cutting nest onto the conveyor form which each individual component can be picked up separately, is that possible?

Nest

Thank you for the earlier reply, but to follow this up what about if the components are different to one another?

I am basically looking to feed a cutting nest onto the conveyor form which each individual component can be picked up separately, is that possible?

Nest