FollowNode – Place Part on moving item

Forum Forums Visual Components 4.0 Robot Programming FollowNode – Place Part on moving item

Visual Components Essentials has been officially released, download link

Be sure to read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before start using the Forum.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ralle 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Siggi259
    Participant

Hi,

this are my first tries to program robots in VC. I have the issue that i need to pick up a moving part and place it on another moving part. To pick up the moving part is no problem, therefor i use the jointMoveToComponent method. But so far i have not find a satisfying solution to place it on another moving part, for example a carrier.

In my Layout i have two conveyor. Each one has a feeder. A robot is placed between both conveyor. First the robot grip one cylinder from conveyor#1. Then he turns around and should place the grabbed cylinder on another moving cylinder.

if i use the jointMoveToComponent-method the robot use the actual place of the target-cylinder and don’t calculate the Position after moving.

So my idea was to use the follownode-method. First i would move near the second cylinder, then i would to follow the node and at least to place the first cylinder on the second.

It doesnt work…. moreover i receive always an error-message. Can anyone help me ?

Script:

from vcScript import *
    from vcHelpers.Robot2 import *

def OnRun():
    while sim.IsRunning == True:

if app.findComponent(“Conveyor”).findBehaviour(“Path__HIDE__”).ComponentCount !=0:
    BOX = app.findComponent(“Conveyor”).findBehaviour(“Path__HIDE__”).Components[0]

Robo.pickMovingPart(BOX)
    Robo.jointMoveToComponent(app.findComponent(“Conveyor #2”).findBehaviour(“Path__HIDE__”).Components[0].findNode(“Cylinder”))
    Robo.followNode(app.findComponent(“Conveyor #2”).findBehaviour(“Path__HIDE__”).Components[0].findNode(“Cylinder”),20.0)
    Robo.place(app.findComponent(“Conveyor #2”).findBehaviour(“Path__HIDE__”).Components[0])

delay(1)

app = getApplication()
    comp = getComponent()
    sim = getSimulation()

Robo = getRobot(app.findComponent(“GenericRobot #2”))

PlacePlace = app.findComponent(“Ablageplatz”)

———————————

Error-Message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “IRB6400_24::PythonScript”, line 26, in OnRun
    File “C:\Program Files\Visual Components\Visual Components Professional 4.0\Python\Commands\vcHelpers\Robot2.py”, line 408, in followNode
    self.Executor.deleteSubRoutine(‘vcHelperMove’)
    NameError: Attribut oder Methode ‘deleteSubRoutine’ nicht gefunden.

Ralle
    Participant

If you are using  vcHelpers.Robot2 you can use the method  linearMoveToMtx_ExternalBase(Basenode, ToMtx) to move the robot to a moving node/component.

Basenode… the component that is moving

ToMtx… the target position based on the Basenode origin

The linearMoveToMtx_ExternalBase() method refers to the active tool. So you have to care about a realive rotation of ToMtx of 180° around X or Y..

Afterwards executing linearMoveToMtx_ExternalBase() you can use the method releaseComponent() to place the part.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.