Detection of physical components without path behaviour

Forum Forums Visual Components 4.0 Component Modeling Detection of physical components without path behaviour

Visual Components Essentials has been officially released, download link

Be sure to read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before start using the Forum.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rgambord 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

john3310
    Participant

Hey guys,

I want to simulate an axis on which a sledge with a weight on top can be moved from the left to the right. ┬áTherefore, I linked the sledge to a servo drive and added a physical behaviour which I set to “kinematic”. The weight on top of the sledge is fixed with a physic joint and set to “in physics”, as I want to check how much the component will be moved from the fixing point when the direction is changed. Additionally I wanted to add some sensors which are detecting the “in physics” defined weight when is crossing it, which does not work.

My questions are now:

Is it possible to use a sensor to detect components which are NOT moving on a defined path like the TwoWayPath, OneWayPath or PhysicalPath, but which are moved with a ServoDrive ?

Furthermore it would be nice to know if objects which are defined as “inPhysics” are able to be detected by Sensors if they are falling down and crossing these ?

I hope you can understand my explanation and the questions

kind regards,

John

rgambord
    Participant

I don’t think I am fully picturing your scenario, but have you looked at the raycast and volume sensors? I don’t believe that they require the component to be attached to a path.

If that doesn’t work, a script that checks the position matrix of the sledge on short intervals might be a solution. If the sledge is moving in, i.e. the yz plane, then just check the X position.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.