AGV

Hi

I just started to look at AGVs, and I would like to model some paths myself.

F.ex. I would like to stop, reverse with a 90 degree turn to enter below the product that I want to pick. Then reverse again and go back the same way.

As far as I understand, the AGV paths are different from conveyor paths.

Some ideas would be very much appreciated.

Hans

1 Like

AGV Path component has lanes and each lane can be given one of two directions.

An AGV component most likely has a Vehicle Controller behavior, which is used in a Python Script to define the vehicle specs (speed, acceleration, etc.) and assign paths. A path contains one or more vectors/control points. Every path assignment starts by clearing the path, and then assigning the control points in the same call. You can, of course, make corrections to the path on the fly by clearing passed points and redefining the new path. The scripting is still wonky, so best to refer to examples of AGVs in eCat for writing new scripts.

I did in like 4.0.1 try to model a component that just contained path behaviors, so an AGV could approach a path of that component, attach itself to the path, and then let the path do the rest of the work at moving the AGV. (kind of like guide by wire). That did not work.

It might also help to look at the scripts of the Human and Robot workers and see how they are programmed to move to locations.