AGV Pick and Drop Sequences

Forum Forums Visual Components 4.0 Layout Configuration AGV Pick and Drop Sequences

Visual Components Essentials has been officially released, download link

Be sure to read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before start using the Forum.

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Sicario Sicario 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sarah
    Participant

Hi everyone. I just startet to use AGV and now there is a problem: I have Pick Up Locations A,B,C and Drop Locations X,Y. Is there a way to define the order in which the robot goes to the different locations? I want it like this: 1. Pick A –> Drop X, 2. Pick B–> Drop Y, 3. Pick C –> Drop Y. I want to use only one robot.

At the Pick Up Locations I can only say┬áthat the call should be made to the nearest robot. Then I thought that the use of a AGV Task Sequencer would be the solution but when you put the three Pick Up Locations in there, it results in: Pick A, Pick B, Pick C –> Drop X, Drop Y, Drop Y. But the robot should just pick and place one part after another..

Visual Components says, they want feedback for the AGV beta, do you know where is the best place to give feedback? I think the Task Sequencer Model really needs improvements.

Greetings,

Sarah

felix
    Participant

Hey Sarah,

As far as I knew and could figure out myself this isn’t possible with the standard components.

Therefore I’ve modified the AGV Task Sequencer. You can find a property called “PickThenDropSingle” in the component if you set the value to “True” then it will pick from one station specified in the note of the “AGV Task Sequencer” component and then drop those at the “AGV_DropLocationName” at the “AGV_PickCount” you specify in the pick station.

You could also give more than one “AGV_DropLocationName” for example X,Y but then you would also need to give more entries in “AGV_PickCount” for example 1,2.

You can find a layout and the modified component in the attachment.

I hope that helps.

Greetings,
    Felix

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sicario
    Sicario
    Participant

some example. Need to see the python script in the component “AGV Task Sequencer”.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.