Adding new panes and panels

Let me know if you need help adding new panes, panels, floating windows, dialog boxes and tabbed pages.

Attached is a tutorial for adding new panes and panels (pods).

AddingPanes.pdf (341 KB)

Thank you for showing how to add panes to the VC environment.

In page 8/11 in the tutorial we add a floating Pane. The more we push the “New Pane Button” the more panes will show. But why do all the panes close, when i close one of them?

Sounds like a thread issue. Not sure. Development would know.

I wrote a program where I have the “Main-Pane” which will be exported to VC via:

[Export(typeof(IDockableScreen))]

In the Main-Pane I use the IDockAwareWindowManager to add a new pane, like it is shown in the turorial.

When I open the new pane I have to call a method to refresh some information I get from the program. This is no problem, because I can call the method in the constructor of the new pane.

Now my Question:
Is it possible to call the method from the Main-Pane?
I tried to creat a new instance of the new Pane, but it seems to be impossible to store the new Pane anywhere and call the RefreshOptions()-Method, when the new pane is already open.

I tried it like this:
public DockableScreen TestScreen;
public void AddFloatingPane()
{
TestScreen = new FloatingViewModel();
windowManager.Value.ShowFloatingWindow(String.Empty, TestScreen);

}

later I wanted to call: TestScreen.RefreshOptions()

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to add a context menu to VC using .NET API?

Hi zesty !

I created a dockable panel with a TabControl inside it.
My problem is that the controls use the Windows styles.
I don’t know if there is a method to use the Visual Components styles or if I have to set them all by myself.

Here are renders of my panel:

Thank you a lot

@Quotechnique Try x:Key="{x:Type controls:XamTabControl}" and more info can be found at this forum thread.

https://forum.visualcomponents.com/forums/topic/adding-branding-styles-and-themes/

I attached development guide as well.

I am less active on the forum these days, but if someone tags me I can try to help. The switch to the new forum platform should start next week, so I will try to help all with that transition as well.

DotNET_API_Development_Guide.pdf (1.48 MB)