Adding branding, styles and themes

Forum Forums Visual Components 4.0 .NET Addon Programming Adding branding, styles and themes

Visual Components Essentials has been officially released, download link

Be sure to read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before start using the Forum.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jay Jay 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zesty
    zesty
    Participant

Let me know if you need help customizing the style, theme and appearance of the GUI.

Attached is a tutorial on how to add and create new styles and themes for the workspace.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    harizon9
    harizon9
    Participant

I am getting download error “Failed – No file”

zesty
    zesty
    Participant

Under Attachments, did you click AddingStylesThemes.pdf? It worked for me just now.

Jay
    Jay
    Participant

This tutorial on styles is a bit outdated. There is no need to use UserControl.Resources. All you need to do in order to use VC styles is to reference the following namespace in XAML

xmlns:shared=”clr-namespace:VisualComponents.UX.Shared;assembly=UX.Shared”

and use it in your control as follows:

<TextBlock  Grid.Column=”0″ Text=”{Binding Name}” Style=”{DynamicResource VCTextBlockLargerLabelStyle}”  />

or

<shared:ExtendedTextBox  Grid.Column=”1″ Text=”{Binding Value}” Style=”{DynamicResource VCExtendedTextBoxStyle}” />

Please see attached “VCStyle_Demo.xml” file for an example.

Regarding the resource keys for controls, I must admit that I don’t know all of the them yet but the general naming convention is “VC[Default Control Name]Style” for example “VCButtonStyle”. Attached is a word document that has some resource key I have come across and that works.

Please note that you might get a message like this when using resource key in XAML: “The resource [resource key name] could not be resolved”. I would suggest you ignore this error cause the resource will be resolved during runtime as long as you have added reference to VisualComponents.UX.Shared to your Visual Studio project.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.